Home owner guides
Now that you have the keys to your new home, our dedicated New Home Customer Care team will be here to support you with any queries. They are on hand to help, guide and assist you wherever possible and have provided a whole host of Home Owner Guides to support you with frequently asked questions, as you settle into your new home.
Our home owner guides provide advice on how to solve common issues and get the most out of your new home.
Most popular home owner guides
Heating and hot water
Kitchen & Appliances
Loft & Roofing
Outside your home
- Will my garage have electricity?
- Can Barratt provide property drawings?
- Should I plant shrubs or trees?
- What is safe to store in my garage?
- How do I prevent damp in my garage?
- Do I need permission to build a conservatory or extension?
- Why do my exterior walls have white staining?
- What to do if your garden is waterlogged
- Maintaining your garden
Bills & Services
Development & neighbours
The New Home Customer Care Team is available via phone and email.Contact Support
As well as a 10-year structural warranty, we have a two-year warranty on the fixtures and fittings, helping you to avoid the worry of unexpected maintenance costs. Explore our interactive home to see what's covered.