New is... built to last
There's no feeling like stepping into your new home. And whatever your plans are for tomorrow, we build our homes with a long and happy future in mind.
Written in the Stars
Each year, the Home Builders Federation gives homebuilders a star rating, based on feedback from a customer satisfaction survey.
The survey is entirely independent and awards a star rating of one to five based on the answer to the question: 'Would you recommend your builder to a friend?'
We've been awarded five stars every year since 2009, which means over 90% of our homeowners would recommend us to their friends***. Knowing that we're making our homeowners happy is so important to us and we'll keep striving to provide you with the best new homes in the UK.
When you move into a Barratt home you won't have to scour the classifieds for tradesmen to tear out that avocado bathtub. We've got rid of the stress of repairs and renovations.
Everything in your new home has been built to last, from the foundations up, so you shouldn’t need to spend your weekends doing those frustrating odd jobs like painting your window sills (ours are uPVC, so they don't need constant upkeep).
And because your peace of mind really matters to us, your new Barratt home has a 2 year fixtures and fittings warranty, covering such things as appliances and windows.* We know the less you have to worry about, the more you can get on with living – and creating the memories that really make a home your own.
The house that Chris built
Chris Burdis knows a thing or two about what makes a Barratt home. He's part of Barratt's design team and has been helping bring their vision to life for over ten years. But he doesn't just draw the blueprints, he lives in a Barratt home too.
Chris and the Barratt designers know that creating a home built to last is a number one priority, that's why they use the best materials and latest building techniques to ensure that every Barratt home is a place you would be proud to call home.
All in the details
We put a lot of thought into the little details that make your new home a great place to live.
- A view that lasts. Our smartly designed, sturdy windows allow light to flood in and feature argon gas filled double-glazing to minimise heat loss.
- A real knock out. Our doors are rigorously stress tested to make sure they're airtight and secure helping you keep draughts out and more heat in.
- Top of the world. Our roof insulation will keep your heating costs down and won't damage the environment.
- A warm heart. We use the most energy efficient boilers around, so those extra pennies mean a little more peace of mind.
How we build your new Barratt home
Your new home is built in nine distinct stages. See why new is built to last.
- The foundations start Once traffic management and health and safety plans are put in place for use of roads and walkways, the foundations are laid.
- The brickwork begins The bricks are laid in several stages, with scaffolding installed incrementally at each stage.
- Brickwork finishes The NHBC carries out a superstructure inspection to check various aspects of the build.
- The roof goes on Electrics and plumbing installation starts, this includes pipework, heating and the water cylinder. Wiring, lights and sockets are also installed.
- Electrics and plumbing finishes The NHBC carries out a pre-plaster check and inspect joists, blockwork and pipework.
- Plastering completed Light switches and sockets are installed and any tiling is done.
- Internal doors fitted Internal doors and skirting boards fitted, with the vanity units and moulds being installed.
- Painting and decorating completed Painting and decorating completed
- Build complete Your new Barratt home is ready. Time to move in!
Keeping you dry
You won't have to worry about flooding because we use measures like permeable paving.
We believe that firm foundations are just the start. Our new homes are built to the highest standards, which is why we've kept winning awards for our building expertise for many years. The quality of our building materials and the standards we hold ourselves to means that a new Barratt home is the best way to invest in somewhere to call your own.
When you move into your new home, you can feel safe in the knowledge that we've built it to give you real peace of mind. Which means you can simply get down to the business of making your home a place you'll love to live. And that's when the fun starts.
Some of the features shown may not be available with every Barratt Home or on every Barratt Homes development . Please speak to a sales adviser for the specific development for details of the features available on the Home.
†First 2 years covered by Builder Warranty & NHBC Guarantee or similar. Years 3-10 covered by NHBC insurance or similar. Full exclusions and limitations can be found on the NHBC website. Available on virtually all of our developments.
*'We' refers to the Barratt Development Plc Group Brands.
**'We' and refers to the Barratt Development Plc Group Brands.
**** Based on HBF star rating scheme from 2009 to 2017 derived from the NHBC national new homes survey (at eight weeks) over 90% of Barratt Developments PLC group customers would recommend our brands to a friend.