Rated UK's Most Recommended Housebuilder* 10 years in a row
For the 10th year in a row, we've been awarded the maximum of 5 stars from the Home Builders Federation. We're the only major national housebuilder to achieve this, and it's all thanks to our homebuyers, over 90% of whom would recommend us to their friends*.
Most recommended by the people who matter most
We care about our homebuyers and make quality and satisfaction our mission. Here's what just a few of them think about our homes and customer services.
Why would you buy from anyone else?
No other major national housebuilder is as recommended as us, so choose Barratt, and buy with confidence.
Use the search bar below to book an appointment at a development near you.
How the survey works...
The HBF customer satisfaction survey is an independent survey undertaken by our custiners once their purchase has completed. Results are based upon the question "would you recommend your builder to a friend?" The star ratings are applied as follows -
- 5 star = 90% or over recommend
- 4 star = 80 - 89.9% recommend
- 3 star = 70 - 80% recommend
- 2 star = 60 - 70% recommend
- 1 star = 50 - 60% recommend
We have maintained five-star status with over 90% customer recommendation for the last nine years - more than any other major national housebuilder.
More Pride in the Job Awards than any other national housebuilder for the 13th year running
We have won an incredible 74 Pride in the Job Awards for 2017-2018 and a total of 734 awards since 2007.
NHBC Pride in the Job is the home-building industry’s most prestigious awards programme, dedicated to recognising Site Managers who achieve the highest standards in quality home-building. A Pride in the Job award is the highest industry accolade a site manager can receive.
Each year as part of the awards, the NHBC join with leading experts in the home-building industry to rigorously judge over 16,000 site managers across the nation. Winning a Pride in the Job award requires consistently high scoring across a variety of categories, including:
- Quality of workmanship at every stage of the build process, including foundations, surface finishes and external works
- Leadership skills, reflected by a high level of morale and motivation on site
- Technical expertise and their ability to resolve issues on site
- A certain 'X' factor that sets them apart from their peers
Our commitment to quality has helped us scoop some of the most prestigious awards, including:
- The House Builders Federation's highest accolade - 5 stars for customer satisfaction - for nine years in a row, more than any other national housebuilder
- 734 'Pride in the Job' Awards since 2007, more than any other homebuilder, recognising our site managers for consistently reaching the highest housebuilding standard
- 30 out of the 45 'Built for Life' Gold awards for exemplar design
*'We', 'our', 'us' refers to the Barratt Developments PLC Group brands.
**Based upon customer survey satisfaction results published by the HBF in the 2016/17 survey year where 8,783 Barratt Developments PLC group customer responses were considered. This sample size was more than any other developer for the 5th successive survey year.
***Based on HBF star rating scheme from 2009 to 2018 derived from the NHBC national new homes survey (at eight weeks) over 90% of Barratt Developments PLC group customers would recommend our brands to a friend.